As per the AICTE regulations, change of branch in Engineering is permissible on the following basis.
1. Change of branch is permitted if the strength in any branch is not falling below 75% of the prescribed intake. Students of Computer Science branch only are permitted to change the branch. Students of E &CE, E & EE., Information Science, Mechanical Engg, Aeronautical, Automobile, Nano Technology & Marine branch are not permitted change to any other branch, but students of Computer Science branch can get entry to these branches also.
2. Branch change shall be strictly according to the Merit based on the total marks obtained in the I year exams (Without Supplementary Subjects). It shall not be considered as a matter of right. Only those who have passed in all the subjects shall be eligible to apply for change of Branch. Second Shift & SNQ Quota students are not eligible for Change of Branch.
3. The applications for change of branch must be submitted on the date of announcement of results and shall not be accepted on late receipts.
4. Prescribed application along with an undertaking is to be submitted at the college office.
5. On confirmation of the change of branch University fees is payable.